Transforming Thermal Management: CVD Diamond Heat Spreaders
CVD diamond’s thermal management properties address today’s single biggest cause of failure in electronics – heat :
- Outperforms copper, silicon carbide and aluminum: by factors of 3-10
- Heat spreaders with 4 levels of thermal conductivity available: 1000-2000 W/mk
- GaN-on-diamond wafer substrates available: 3 x improvement in heat dissipation while preserving RF performance.
Our expertise ensures ease of customer implementation :
Leo da vinci group helps customers integrate its free standing diamond heat spreaders into their modules and systems
- Range of thicknesses available: up to 3mm thick
- Very flat and low roughness ensuring ease of attachment and minimized thermal interface resistances.
- Free-standing diamond available in large areas up to 140mm in diameter that can be laser cut to any required size.
- Metallization solutions enabling die bonding with low thermal barrier resistance, consistent with industry standard soldering and brazing.
Extended device lifetimes for a given power level and increased performance and efficiency :
Leo da vinci group CVD diamond heat spreaders and GaN-on-diamond wafers enable the next generation of :
- High Power RF Devices
- Optoelectronics Devices
- High-Voltage Power Devices
- Semiconductor Assembly & Test Equipment.