CVD diamond’s thermal management properties address today’s single biggest cause of failure in electronics – heat :
- 1) Outperforms copper, silicon carbide and aluminum: by factors of 3-10
- 2) Heat spreaders with 4 levels of thermal conductivity available: 1000-2000 W/mk
- 3) GaN-on-diamond wafer substrates available: 3 x improvement in heat dissipation while preserving RF performance.
Our expertise ensures ease of customer implementation :
Leo da vinci group helps customers integrate its free standing diamond heat spreaders into their modules and systems
- 1) Range of thicknesses available: up to 3mm thick
- 2) Very flat and low roughness ensuring ease of attachment and minimized thermal interface resistances.
- 3) Free-standing diamond available in large areas up to 140mm in diameter that can be laser cut to any required size.
- 4) Metallization solutions enabling die bonding with low thermal barrier resistance, consistent with industry standard soldering and brazing.
Extended device lifetimes for a given power level and increased performance and efficiency :
Leo da vinci group CVD diamond heat spreaders and GaN-on-diamond wafers enable the next generation of :
- 1) High Power RF Devices
- 2) Optoelectronics Devices
- 3) High-Voltage Power Devices
- 4) Semiconductor Assembly & Test Equipment.